20 August, 2008

First Day of Preschool

First Day of Preschool
Pictured above is David's school, Kids-R-Kids.
For moms, this is a moment that brings about unforeseen emotions. Especially when the mother stays at home and raises the kids like Jomar. The potential for a wet substance seeping out the eyes is not far fetched. Jomar held it together though. Probably because she thought I was going to laugh. I wouldn't do that, at least not in the school. : ) Regardless of the surging desire for Jomar to snatch David and run back to the house, I stood firm as we made the long walk to the door.
The Walk
The brave young lad smiles with excitement as he prepares for the moment he has been waiting for. Little does David know, he still has to make it through the woman standing on the other side of the camera. Notice in the far left, looking like the mother from the Muppet Babies (no head), dad stands ready to lead the charge.
This is an emotional moment for dad's as well. It signifies a great change for me also. It causes me to well up with tears....of JOY. This is the first real step to the long awaited empty nest. I hear you critics out there. "Enjoy them while you have them. The time flies by. Slow down Mike. You have three young children. Don't rush it." ETC. To you I say, give me a rocket that moves at the speed of light. : ) I was ready to drop Daniel off too, but I was told we had to wait a few more years.
The Point of No Return!!!

Don't be fooled, the picture to the left was strictly to appease my lovely wife. I was not trying to bond with my son and help him transition. I repeat, I was not trying to bond. ; ) The picture to the right was our parting picture. The picture you can't see tells the real story. All the parents stood in the hallway after the teacher asked us to head to the front (a nice way of saying, go home). Then the teacher came over a second time and asked us to head toward the front once again. And we wonder why children have a hard time listening.
One more statement before I let you all go. My sister would say that I'm being long winded. She doesn't appreciate my stories like all of my other fans. : ) Anyway, David is enjoying school. He goes from 1130-1430 (2:30 pm for you civilians). He is learning his letters and colors. He is growing up so fast. And since I am good and saved, as my spiritual dad would say, I must clear up one misprint. I was probably more emotional than Jomar. Don't read to into it though. I still want them all out as soon as possible. : )
Until the next blog...May the Lord bless you and keep you all.
Love,
The Darbouze Family

1 comment:

Woodard Express said...

Hola mi familia!!! You didn't know I could type that did you? (I hope I spelled it right). Anyway, I said I would leave a comment so here it is...David looks so adorable on his 1st day of school. If I didn't work with Pre-K kids I would be more excited for him, but I actually feel bad for his teacher!! J/K! I heart the blog, only slightly long winded. Stay posted Mo and I are trying to get a blog up soon. We love you all :*)