22 October, 2008

Training 'em Up

Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
A morning with the Darbouze family...
We start every day with prayer and a bible story. Then we have the kids recite the books of the bible and answer some questions. Then we give them a daily pep talk of being good listeners and big helpers. We were really impressed with the way David has been picking up the books of the Bible and looking to learn more. It blew us away when we heard Michaella (Me-ki-ella) repeating them along with him. She is a little sponge, when she wants to be. At other times she is a rock. She can be very stubborn (wonder where she got that from). I digress...below are two clips of the kids reciting the books of the Bible.

Micahella (Me-ki-ella) recites the first five books of the Bible. I repeat what she says so you can understand, but she is saying them unprompted. Before the fifth and final book, she does a drum roll. It is really cute.

David recites the books of the Bible from Genesis to Esther. Then he answers a few questions.

After our morning session, we go to the breakfast table. Michaella makes me smile when she prays. She tries to close her eyes and look at the same time. I don't think it ever quite works out completely. David, on the other hand, closes his eyes so tight that I'm amazed he is able to open them again. Just so you are warned, there is a wind storm that can be heard through the camera at the end of the prayer. Really it is me whistling, but I didn't realize I was in the microphone...SORRY.

The family pauses to bless breakfast. David can actually lead the prayer, and Michaella (Me-ki-ella) follows along the best she can. Of course the two were a little camera shy but at least they bowed their heads and prayed along with us.

We are going to try and post a clip of us reading a book called "Lama Lama Red Pajama" with the kids. Talk about funny. David is doing a great job with reading (pictures of course), but he actually memorized the lama book. Stay tuned for that posting in the future, the Lord will.

Love,

The Darbouze Family

4 comments:

Woodard Express said...

This has got to be the cutest thing we've ever seen!!! They are ADORABLE and I'm not just saying that because they look like me, I really mean it! You should see how hard I was cheezin' after I watched the videos. I must have seen them 1,000 times already. Love u guys :*

Unknown said...

Totally adorable!
Little spiritual giants, will be winning lost souls very soon!
As for the empty nest, it's not fun at all . . .
It's nice to feel close to you even when you are far away.
Blessings to each of you all the way from NY.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for godly parents as yourself setting the example for future parents like holly and me. No she is not pregant yet, but I am so thankful to see my friends take God's word serious and teach and train their children in the way of the Lord. My only words is be encouraged and keep doing God's will.

Anonymous said...

My bad i should have mention that it was me, Mario who left that last comment...LOL