06 March, 2007

The Princess Arrives




After 40 weeks minus one day, our precious little princess made her grand entrance into this world. And it was quite an entrance. As ready as Mami and Papi were Michaella seemed to be in no rush. However, when she decided to make her way, she wasted no time. Only 4 hours after the first contraction and a handful of pushes later, Michaella Danielle was born at 7:00am on Thursday, February 22. She weighed in at 8 pounds and was 20 inches long. It goes without saying that she is the most beautiful baby girl we have ever seen. Michaella is now 12 days old and has a sweet and peaceful spirit. She spends her days sleeping and her nights keeping us up...well mostly she keeps her Mami up. David, now a big brother, is adjusting to the new addition. He and Michaella hit it off right away; they took their first nap together in the hospital. David is quite the helper! He holds her and sings to her when she cries. He even helps Mami burp her after feedings and puts the bobo back in her mouth.

8 comments:

Ricardo Evan said...

Hi Michaella, You look absolutely delicious! I love getting your updates and seeing how much you're growing...and what a great big brother David is being. I can't wait to give you both besitos in July. I love you, your cousin Ricky

Anonymous said...

Hello Darbouze Family, I just wanted to say what a beautiful family you are and that I miss you very much. Michaella, I can't wait to meet, kiss & squeeze you...I'm sure you won't mind your BIG brother loves it when Titi Arleen is in town. Muchos besos y abrazos!!! Titi Arleen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new addition! Your children are beautiful! May God Bless you all!!! Michaella, be good to your mommy and daddy, and don't boss around your big brother..okay maybe you can boss him around just a little, after all you are the princess :-) Hugs & Kisses, Rosie & Family

Anonymous said...

I can tell already that Michaella looks just like mommy - no offense dad. I guess girls look like their mom, since my boys look like their dad (grrrrr). Congratulations and welcome to this wild & crazy world. Enjoy each moment, each cry, each burp, each poop because the 1st year goes way, way, way too fast.

Love,
Lissi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Michaella, Welcome to our world. Just take your time enjoying each minute of it. We can't wait to meet you. Love, Janeth and Gus.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is so great to hear from you guys. Shaun and I are so excited for you both. The new house and baby Michaella are awesome. Michaella and our little Jordyn have the same birthday. Jordyn just turned two on the 22nd of February and I just had a baby also! We had a boy on March 30th, his name is Micah Robert Riley. We have to bring our families together. It would be great to see you guys again. I talk about you often to Shaun and how I wish we had kept up better after leaving Japan. David looks great also I'm sure like Jordyn he is being a good older sibling. I will send you some pictures on your email. I hope to hear from you again soon. Feel free to call my cell phone 240-353-1989

Love you guys & be blessed with your new arrival!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a beautiful family! I cannot wait to see you guys again! Your children are so blessed to have such loving parents. I hope our bambinos can meet each other soon.

Anonymous said...

hello...not sure if you remember me...Cindy Pray...formerly Sgt
Pray. I found you on the Torres family blog! If you remember me, I'd love to hear from you! my email address is pray@att.net
Cindy